The World Day Against Trafficking in Persons is fast approaching, on 30 July 2022. While it’s hard to believe, Australia has not escaped this age-old atrocity and we also have survivors of slavery, or human trafficking, who are part of this year’s theme, “Victims’ Voices Lead the Way”.
Coinciding with this day, The Freedom Hub is holding its own Fivers for Survivors Campaign to raise funds to support these survivors, help them recover from the trauma they experienced, assimilate back into society, and give them a voice.
Shockingly, The Freedom Hub believes there are over 60,000 slaves in Australia. But there’s something you can do about it. Fivers for Survivors asks businesses and individuals to give a small amount, from just $5, to have a big effect on the lives of slavery survivors. One hundred per cent of donations from the Fivers for Survivors campaign will go to survivors of modern slavery through The Freedom Hub.
Be part of World Day Against Trafficking in Persons
You’re invited to join with us as we raise awareness about modern slavery and funds for the survivors of Australian slavery. Calling all Australians to give a Small Amount to collaboratively make a Big Difference #smallchangebigdifference
5 reasons to be a part of this:
- To join millions of others around the globe to support World Day Against Trafficking in Persons on 30 July
- To raise awareness that slavery happens here in Australia
- To provide knowledge about slavery around the world
- To help work colleagues, employees, and/or friends to be engaged in this issue
- To help raise money to end slavery and help victims recover
Ideas for your Fivers for Survivors Day
- Run a Lunch & Learn – order our ethical catering if you are in Sydney, or support a local business.
- Run a Cocktail Making Competition – after work (can be run virtually)
- Organise groups of Five for a Freedom Picnic
- Run a Coffee a Cake Hour – we will send slides & slavery fact sheets
- Dress up as Super Hero’s for the Day – because you are!
- Fast for Freedom – feel the pain of poverty by not eating for a day
- Wear a Silly Hat for the Day
- Girls go Bra Free – for Freedom
- Book an ethically sourced $55 brunch at our Waterloo cafe on 30th July, a short talk on slavery and take home a booklet on this issue.
- Be creative, make it fun, great for team building as people feel they are working together to make a difference.
To donate to The Freedom Hub or learn more about Fivers for Survivors please head to their website.
TEDxSydney is proud to support The Freedom Hub as our 2022 Pay It Forward partner. Find out more here about how you can support The Freedom Hub community to attend TEDxSydney here.