Great ideas happen when you least expect it: daydreaming in your umpteenth zoom meeting, on your morning walk or from well-earned professional experience. Perhaps you’ve had an ‘idea worth spreading’ percolating for a number of years or maybe it only occurred to you in the shower this morning. No matter where or what, we want to hear it.
TEDxSydney exists to share ideas with the world, so they can flourish and ultimately change perspectives and in 2020, this couldn’t be more important.
This year, TEDxSydney moves online and so too does our famous Fast Ideas segment. We are on the hunt for six Fast Ideas presenters to join us on our main stage, to share an idea in 30 seconds or less at TEDxSydney 2020 on Friday 6 November.
Submit your Fast Idea before Saturday 10 October 2020 for your chance to present at TEDxSydney 2020
How to apply:
- Prepare your idea and write a script.
- Rehearse your idea and make sure it’s not longer than 30 seconds’ duration.
- Upload a video of you presenting your idea in 30 seconds and submit the link, along with a transcript, to the Submission Form below.
We’re seeking ideas:
- on any topic, subject or background
- that are engaging and relatable
- that demonstrate original thinking
- that can be conveyed by you and your voice alone (no visuals, it’s just you and your voice for 30 seconds)
Submission Deadline is 6pm, Saturday 10 October 2020. You can enter as many ideas as you like (one idea per form please). Finalists will be notified by COB Friday 16 October.
If successful, the audience will see you deliver your 30 second pitch online at TEDxSydney 2020 on Friday 6 November. Rehearsals with TEDxSydney Curators and recording will take place remotely in the week commencing 19 October 2020.
This is a fantastic opportunity to experience the curatorial process of TEDxSydney firsthand, work with your fellow finalists and hone your idea presentation into a neat 30 seconds. You’ve already had that great idea. Plus if you are a finalist you receive a free registration to TEDxSydney. So, what are you waiting for? Submit your Fast Idea now!
Watch Fast Ideas unfold on stage at TEDxSydney 2018 in the player above.