Each year TEDxSydney puts out a call for creatives to pitch their response to the theme in a three-minute film. This year’s theme of HumanKind was interpreted in nine films specifically created for TEDxSydney 2018, among them documentary subjects, comedies, animation, experimental and stop-motion. They examine sub-themes of fear, love and death; aspirations for the future; and the future of our relationship with technology.
Premiering on event day, don’t miss out on seeing these amazing films, two of which are multi-screen works that will not be seen in this way ever again.
List of films
- Girl Cabinet – Hannah Hilliard
- Death Explained – Tessa Chong
- Meet Sara – BMF
- I’m Doing The Best I Can – Scot Edwards
- A Low Hum – Scott Otto Anderson
- A Collective Performance – Stacy Merhfar
- Deep Dark Fear – Dan Trotter
- Theo and Celeste – Hannah Dougherty
- Nardilmuk – David Mason
Check out the photos from the evening here.
If you haven’t already, be sure to register for TEDxSydney 2018 and catch the full list of films on the day.
Photo credit: Jennifer Polixenni Brankin