Great ideas emerge when you least expect it. While you’re drinking your morning coffee, when you’re doing the dishes or daydreaming on your morning commute. Every year, TEDxSydney’s speakers share their ideas from the main stage, but what about your great idea?
In 2017, TEDxSydney’s annual Fast Ideas competition is back, where we invite you to share your big idea in just 30 seconds, at our new home at ICC Sydney on Friday 16th June 2017. Not only will you be pitching your idea on stage in front of our live audience, it will be seen by thousands more watching at satellite events around the country, and on the live simulcast stream. It’s a simple, beautiful way to start making change happen.
The best Fast Idea will be decided then and there, with the winner scooping up all the glory on the stage plus a free ticket to TEDxSydney2018. So no matter your age, experience or background, if you’ve got a burning idea and think you can deliver it in 30 seconds flat – we want to hear from you.
Submit your idea before Monday, 22 May to be in the running.
Sound good? Here’s how to do it:
- Pitch to us with words – sum up your idea in no more than 200 words using the contact form below.
- Pitch to us with video – upload a video clip with a pitch of no more than 30 seconds and add the link – along with a transcript – to the contact form below.
We’re looking for ideas:
- on any topic or subject matter
- that are realisable in some way
- that demonstrate original thinking
- that can be conveyed by you alone (no on-screen visual aids – it’s just you on stage)
Deadline is 5pm, 22 May 2017. You can enter as many ideas you like (one idea per form please). Finalists will be notified by Monday, 29 May.
If successful, you will deliver your 30 second pitch on the main stage at TEDxSydney on Friday, 16 June, in front of a live audience at ICC Sydney. You will also be invited to join with fellow finalists for drinks on an evening prior to the event, to swap notes, share pitching tips and raise a toast to your Fast Ideas about to be revealed to the world. Get thinking!
Watch Fast Ideas unfold on stage at TEDxSydney 2016 in the player above.