Entries open: 6 April 2018 to
Entries close: 11 May 2018
Judging will take place on: 18 May 2018
Winners will be contacted by: 25 May 2018
How to enter: Submit your story on TEDxSydney Submit your story Form
- At the time of your submission you must be 18 years of age or older
- Your submission must be something that you have experienced, wholly original, except that: you may include things that are in the public domain and/or, if submitting an oral history, share these Terms and Conditions to everyone involved and obtain his or her agreement to them prior to submitting it.
- You understand that all postings, messages, text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, or other materials (“Content”) posted on, transmitted through, or linked to Submit your Story, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. More specifically, you are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, email or otherwise make available via our Submit your Story form.
- You must not submit Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or harms minors in any way.
- You must not submit Content that harasses, degrades, intimidates or is hateful toward an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, or disability.
- You must not submit Content that impersonates any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a TEDxSydney employee, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity.
- You may not use the TEDxSydney service for any illegal or unauthorised purpose.
- International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
- General Conditions
- TEDxSydney reserves the right to modify or terminate all or any portion of the content you upload for any reason, without notice at any time.
- The Submit your Story form will be open from 6 April 2018 to 11 May 2018
- We reserve the right to alter these Terms & Conditions at any time.
- You retain ownership in your submission, but by making a submission you give TEDxSydney, and those authorized by TEDxSydney, your irrevocable perpetual permission to disseminate, modify, and use your submission, in whole or in part, in all media now known or later developed, for communication purposes.This permission includes publication in communication channels (websites, social media, print and online publications, newsletters), publicity and promotions.
- By posting Content to the Submit your Story form, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant to TEDxSydney an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute said Content.
- If you believe that your content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please notify TEDxSydney’s agent for notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement (“Agent”) via email to email@example.com
- Incomplete or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible for publication.
- TEDxSydney is under no obligation to keep, post, or use any submission.
Three individual winners selected by the TEDxSydney team will receive:
- A VIP upgrade on your TEDxSydney registration. The individual must already have purchased a registration to qualify for a VIP upgrade.
- A 1 hour coffee catch-up session in Bondi with Remo Giuffré, licensee holder of TEDxSydney. Any travel expenses will be at the cost of the winner. TEDxSydney will do it’s best to find a time that is suitable for every winner as regards the coffee with Remo Guiffre. However, the date and time will be organised and changes to that date might not be possible.
- A signed copy of General Thinker by Remo Giuffré.
- Entrants may enter as many times as they like. Only one prize will be awarded per person.
- This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- If the winner has not claimed the prize by June 15 2018 then he or she will forfeit the prize.
- If your story wins, you will be contacted by the TEDxSydney team before your story is published on any TEDxSydney platforms.
- Winners will be contacted individually via email.
- TEDxSydney reserves the right to choose that day and time.
- Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
- Judging Process
- The TEDxSydney team will choose the winners based on the most inspiring story.
- The winner decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into about the judgements or the judgment process
- We are unable to provide feedback about the stories submitted.
- Privacy and information disclosure
- You further acknowledge and agree that TEDxSydney may, in its sole discretion, preserve or disclose your Content, as well as your information, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to.
- By making a submission, you waive any privacy expectations you may have with regard to your submission. If TEDxSydney selects your submission for inclusion on its website and social media channels this will be available to the general public. The public may use and share your submission in various ways including via social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest, and applications such as “share this,” all of which operate independently of the TEDxSydney (i.e., have their own policies and terms), and commentary with which you disagree may become associated with your submission.
- You are solely responsible for your submission and any consequences of submitting it.
- TEDxSydney shall not be responsible or liable for any breach of these terms and conditions by you, claims by a third party that your submission violates the third party’s rights, or claims by you that a third party is misusing your submission.
The Promoter is TEDxSydney Limited, ABN 37 164 042 746 of PO Box 7488 Sydney, New South Wales 2026.