While the event day of TEDxSydney revolves around our speakers and performers, every other minute of the event is packed full of fascinating interactive experiences that take over every crevice of the Sydney Opera House. Here’s a taste of what to expect:
Kick off your day with a salute to the sun
Would you like to start your day at TEDxSydney with a relaxing sunrise Yoga class at the top of the stairs? Thanks to the Sydney Opera House, we have created a class especially for TEDxSydney attendees. There are limited places, so click here to book your place for vinyasa yoga, a dynamic style focusing on correct alignment and control of breath. Class suited to all experience levels. Don’t forget to bring a drink bottle and towel. Mats and equipment are provided. $25 pp
Find a little love
One of the most popular of 2015’s Fast Ideas was to use TEDxSydney 2016 to see how successful it could be as a meeting place for like minds and souls. We decided to put this idea to work and you can now join in with this fun social experiment.
If you’re open to romance, you’ll find two heart-shaped stickers in your bag on the day. Wear the red one, the rainbow one, or both – and strike up a chat with other like-minded TEDxers throughout the day. At the end of the event, you can also head up the stairs to the northern foyer for informal drinks. Look for the signs that match your sticker – you won’t find this sort of curation on Tinder!
Help determine the future of TEDxSydney
We’re already thinking ahead to 2017 and beyond, in particular to the ways in which we might connect and collaborate with the TEDxSydney community, using the ever-growing number of mobile and digital tools at our disposal.
Earlier this year, members of the community came together with our partners Vivant to help us start that process. Tomorrow in the Northern Foyer, Vivant will continue the investigation – presenting participatory sessions throughout the day, asking the question “what might your relationship with TEDxSydney look like?” Visit the Vivant stand to help us find out.
Announcing TEDxSydney Adventures, Presented by Toyota Prius
The future of TEDxSydney is mobile! We are going on the road with some of this years most exciting speakers as part of our newly launched TEDxSydney Adventure series.
Think of the adventure series as field trips, or excursions, designed to give you access to the speakers working lives, a chance to hear about their backstory and maybe meet some of their collaborators. The 2016 series will feature Dr Jordan Nyguen, Associate Professor Michael J. Biercuk, Clara Vuletich and Amrita Hepi.
Be sure to make your way to the Toyota Prius Hybrid Hub in the Northern Foyer to register your interest in participating. Events to be held from late July to the end of the year.
Find Out How To Make Great Ideas Stick
So you’ve got lots of bright ideas. What next? How do you capture, distil and then crystallize them?
In a series of interactive workshops, Post-it® Brand will demonstrate practical ways of bringing people and ideas together and highlighting how best to make great ideas stick.
Look out for the Post-it® Super Sticky Note Wall in the Northern Foyer. Post your comments, ideas and insights about the day on the wall– and make them stick! And when you are there, watch out for our speakers like Kelli Jean Drinkwater, Michael Biercuk, Palani Mohan and Cathy Wilcox who will drop by the wall during the day.
After they’ve tickled your imagination with their talks, grab the chance for an informal chat with them .
Catch All The Rest Of The Action All Over The House
Much of the action at TEDxSydney takes place in the foyers during the session breaks- be sure to look out for the following additional opportunities presented by our partners:
- Recharge your devices throughout the venue with OPTUS recharge stations.
- Give your Linkedin profile a boost with head shots, and copy writers on hand to enhance your personal brand at the St George business Hub in the northern foyer.
- What would a city on Mars look like? Click here to have your say, and check out the artwork being created live to represent theTEDxSydney communities responses at Urban Canvas, presented by JLL in the northern foyer.
- The Northern foyer stage is home to speaker Q&A’s throughout the breaks, in addition, during breakfast will be a session presented by Alphasys asking whether Technology can change the face of mental health, at lunch $125,000 worth of St George Kick-Start grants will be awarded to leading start-up’s after their 1 minute pitches, whilst at the beginning of the after party, Qantas presents a wrap-up of the Ideas that Travel Silicon Valley field trip featuring TEDxSydney speaker Michael Biercuk before a networking session for entrepreneurs kicks off.
- Lastly, don’t forget to register here if you are planning on bringing a can of food or three to donate to our Cupboard2Cause campaign presented in association with Alphasys and Foodbank.