You’re in the shower and it comes to you. It builds while on the commute to work. You’re at your desk, 3pm comes around, and you start to really flesh it out. Everyone has at least one great idea that comes when they least expect it. Imagine sharing that idea in front of thousands of people on the TEDxSydney stage.
We’re giving you the opportunity to participate in TEDxSydney’s Fast Ideas, where audience members pitch their great idea on the ICC stage on Friday June 15 2018.
It’s simple. TEDx is all about ideas worth spreading. We work with all kinds of speakers, from scientists to comedians, to provide audiences with enlightening, entertaining and inspiring talks. We want you to pull up your socks, put on your thinking hat, and give us your idea worth spreading.
Share your idea with us before Monday 4 June for your chance to share on stage.
Here’s how you do it:
- Prepare your pitch – sum up your idea in no more than 200 words using the contact form below
- Show us the pitch – upload a video clip with a pitch of no more than 30 seconds and submit the link, along with a transcript, to the contact form below.
We’re seeking ideas:
- on any topic, subject or background
- that are engaging and relatable in some way
- that demonstrate original thinking
- that can be conveyed by you and your voice alone (no visuals, it’s just you and a mic for thirty seconds)
Deadline is 6pm, Monday 4 June. You can enter as many ideas as you like (one idea per form please). Finalists will be notified by Monday 11 June.
If successful, you will deliver your 30 second pitch on the main stage at TEDxSydney 2018 on Friday 15 June at the ICC Sydney. This is your opportunity to experience TEDxSydney like you’ve never before – from behind the scenes! You will also be invited to join with fellow finalists for drinks on an evening prior to the event, share pitching tips and raise a toast to your Fast Ideas. Get thinking!
Watch Fast Ideas unfold on stage at TEDxSydney 2017 in the player above.