At TEDxSydney, we respect your privacy. This policy sets out how we handle the information we collect about you. If our approach changes, we’ll update this policy and post the updated version to our website.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect your name, address, telephone number, email address and other information you give to us. We collect personal information about you through our website, over the phone, through the TEDxSydney app, and by email.
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information about you for a number of reasons, including:
- conducting the TEDxSydney event and to encourage connection between TEDxSydney members (including using your details to create lanyards for the TEDxSydney event);
- communicating with you (including responding to your queries and interacting with you on social media);
- sending you marketing and other information about us, as well as information about TED and TED related events;
- allowing third parties employed by us to perform site-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, billing and email distribution (these third parties have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf);
- selecting subsets of our community to receive partner promotions, events and opportunities (please note your participation is on an opt-in basis); and
- maintaining and improving our event, including planning, marketing, research and product development.
By providing us with your information, you consent to us using and disclosing your personal information for the purposes described above.
How do I contact you?
You can reach us via the Contact Us page on our website here.