“a wonderful event which awakens your mind and spirit – reminds you to think, be human, to laugh, cry and live.”
“a truly inspirational day that restored my faith in humanity”
“an intuitive, thought-provoking, sociable and engaging experience … the people, the atmosphere, the talks, are all phenomenal.”
Our flagship TEDxSydney event is a unique and vital day of talks, films, music and debate, and is one of the largest TEDx events in the world.
TEDxSydney 2017 will take place on Friday 16 June at our new home at ICC Sydney, Darling Harbour, allowing us to welcome a record number of attendees into our TEDxSydney community.
ABOUT TEDxSYDNEY 2017
It is clear that 2017 is a time of great flux and disruption. Many of our beliefs are being challenged, or even turned completely upside down, for better or for worse. In times such as these, it feels as though we need guidance, inspiration and hope more than ever before.
TEDxSydney has always believed in ideas that can change the world. Our speakers, curated from a wide cross-section of disciplines and backgrounds, don’t just argue for change; instead, they show us how to make change real.
As an attendee, you’ll get the chance to witness, first-hand, the unique TED-style combination of transformative talks delivered in a vibrant and passionate community atmosphere. You’ll also watch a stellar live program featuring some of our country’s finest musicians, along with a hand-picked selection of new Australian short films, created especially for TEDxSydney.
The day would not be complete without a special TEDxSydney food program (morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are all included in the registration price), the one-of-a-kind TEDxSydney Tote Bag (filled with books, gifts and special treats) and the chance to meet other members of the TEDxSydney community and exchange ideas, foster friendships and kickstart collaborations.
“a day full of inspiring, moving, passionate talks, music and film, coupled with amazing food, other like-minded people, opportunity to network and a seamless, slick production. All the ingredients for the perfect event!”
We are thrilled to announce our initial line-up of Australian speakers who will be sharing their bold ideas on 16 June at ICC Sydney. This first announcement features an eclectic group of 10 speakers along with some of Australia’s most highly-acclaimed and fearless musicians. They are:
- Mike Cannon-Brookes, co-founder and co-CEO of the software company Atlassian
- Uncle Jack Charles, award-winning actor, Aboriginal elder and musician
- Jordan Raskopoulos, comedian, actor, singer and co-creator of The Axis of Awesome
- Sarah Houbolt, Paralympic swimmer and circus performer
- David Hunt, award winning Australian historian, satirist and author
- Tom Griffiths, Professor of Psychology and Cognitive Science at Berkeley University
- Bronwyn King, Australian radiation oncologist
- Scott Griffiths, researcher of male body dissatisfaction and eating disorders
- Judy Atkinson, community worker and academic in the fields of violence, trauma and healing
- David Power, helping to end the threat of illegal fishing and overfishing to Pacific Island communities
- Sarah Blasko, acclaimed singer, songwriter, musician and producer
- Gawurra, award-winning Yolngu singer-songwriter
- Ngaiire, one of Australia’s most unique and fearless musicians
More speakers and performers, as well as details of our Film program and Fast Ideas pitch competition, will be announced in the weeks leading up to the event.
TEDxSydney is designed as a full-day event. Price for attendance in 2017 is held at 2016 prices – standard attendance is $350, and a limited number of concession places are available at $175. Registration includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea, as well a TEDxSydney tote bag with exclusive attendee-only merchandise.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR TEDxSYDNEY 2017
Attendance to TEDxSydney 2017 is open to all TEDxSydney Members on a first come, first served basis.
TO REGISTER, click below to log in to your Member Profile. Once logged in, you’ll find an option to Register Attendance for 2017. Please ensure that your Member Profile is up-to-date before registering.
NOT YET A MEMBER? Join now to attend TEDxSydney 2017.
Any questions about TEDxSydney 2017? Read our 2017 FAQ.
Photos: Gary Compton, JJ Halans, ICC Sydney, Enzo Amato