TEDxSydney 2011 featured a selection of Australia’s leading visionaries, storytellers & performers showcasing their Ideas Worth Spreading LIVE … as well as online via YouTube to the world at large. Everyone involved in TEDxSydney 2011 (live theatre participants, simulcast watchers in the Carriageworks foyer, and remotely-located webstream viewers) were encouraged to discuss the ideas and themes that develop throughout the day.
There were 5 types of participation:
1. 800 VIEWED the day LIVE as members of the Bay 17 Audience
2. 1,500 ATTENDED the TEDxSydney simulcast Forum at the Carriageworks venue
3. 48,000 WATCHED TEDxSydney Live on YouTube from 8:30AM to 6:30PM
4. MANY HOSTED their own TEDxSydney Satellite Events or Viewing Parties
5. 80,000+ LISTENED to ABC Radio National on the day, broadcasting from Carriageworks