Great ideas come to all of us at the strangest of times. Standing in the shower first thing in the morning, gazing out of the window on the commute to work or having a heated discussion with friends and family over dinner. We know what happens to the ideas that are launched from the TEDxSydney stage, but what about those great ideas that you have – where do they go?
Thanks to TEDxSydney’s annual Fast Ideas competition, your great ideas might also find a home on the Sydney Opera House stage. During this year’s event on Wednesday 25 May, we’ll be inviting people on to the stage to share their great idea in just 30 seconds – in front of a live audience of 40,000 people watching in the Concert Hall, at one of our sateliite events or on our free simulcast stream.
The best Fast Idea will be decided there and then, with the winner scooping gallons of glory and a free ticket to TEDxSydney 2017, plus they will have their idea broadcast to the world via TEDxSydney.com, and our social and video channels.
Have you got a great idea to share on stage at TEDxSydney? Submit your idea before 8 May to be in with a shot! Check out the 2015 Fast Ideas session to watch some great ideas fly by, and watch out for our winner, Brian Osterio share his idea to ‘rebirth’ Australia’s retiree community.
There’s two ways to submit your idea:
- Pitch to us with words – sum up your idea in no more than 200 words and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line FAST IDEAS 2016
- Pitch to us with video – upload a clip to YouTube with a pitch of no more than 30 seconds; make sure the privacy is set to “anyone with link” (i.e. not public) and email the link to email@example.com with the subject line FAST IDEAS 2016.
We’re looking for ideas:
- on any topic or subject matter.
- that are realisable in some way
- that demonstrate original thinking
- that can be conveyed by you alone (no Powerpoints or on-screen visual aids – it’s just you on stage!)
Deadline for your great ideas is 5pm, 8 May 2016, and you can enter as many ideas you like (one idea per email please!).
We’ll select a handful to present on stage at TEDxSydney 2016 and you’ll also be invited to join with your fellow finalists for drinks on an evening prior to the event, where you’ll swap notes, share pitching tips and raise a toast to your Fast Ideas about to be revealed to the world. Get thinking!
Below: Watch Fast Ideas unfold on stage at TEDxSydney 2015: